BBC News published an article about the help of speleotherapy (salt therapy) in respiratory diseases. People travel to salt mines in Ukraine and spend several hours a day breathing the salty air in a salt mine, 300 meters (~990ft) below the surface. They said they find great relief in their breathing difficulties… read more here: BBC NEWS – Salt mines helps asthmatics
How Salt Therapy helps?
Salt mine therapy, also known as halotherapy or salt therapy, has gained popularity for its potential benefits in alleviating breathing problems. Here are some of the advantages associated with salt mine therapy:
- Respiratory Relief: Halotherapy involves inhaling microscopic salt particles, which can help to clear mucus and reduce inflammation in the airways. This can be particularly beneficial for individuals with conditions like asthma, chronic bronchitis, or cystic fibrosis.
- Improved Lung Function: Salt therapy can enhance lung function by promoting better oxygen exchange in the lungs. The salt particles penetrate deep into the respiratory system, assisting in the removal of toxins and allergens.
- Reduced Allergies: Salt therapy can help reduce allergic reactions by clearing allergens like pollen and dust from the respiratory passages. This can lead to fewer allergy symptoms and easier breathing, especially for those with allergic rhinitis.
- Strengthened Immune System: Regular exposure to salt therapy may boost the immune system, making it more resilient against respiratory infections and illnesses. The salt’s antimicrobial properties can help in this regard.
- Relaxation and Stress Reduction: Many people find salt mine therapy to be a calming and relaxing experience. Reduced stress can indirectly benefit those with respiratory issues, as stress can exacerbate breathing problems.
- Non-Invasive and Drug-Free: Salt therapy is a non-invasive and drug-free approach to improving respiratory health. It can be used in conjunction with other treatments and medications, making it a versatile option for managing breathing problems.
- Suitable for All Ages: Salt therapy is generally safe for individuals of all ages, from children to seniors, making it accessible to a wide range of people seeking respiratory relief.
It’s important to note that while many individuals report benefits from salt mine therapy, it’s advisable to consult with a healthcare professional to determine the most suitable treatment approach for your specific needs. Todays, travelling to a salt mine is not necessary as salt therapy machine has developed. SaltAir device delivers the salt aerosol during your night sleep. Check here how SaltAir works!