Salt Therapy And Our Health
The Crucial Role of the Salt in Our Health
Salt is vital for our health. Right now, you have around 250 gr. of salt – about a cupful – working for keeping you alive. Without enough of it, muscles won’t contract, blood won’t circulate, food won’t digest, and the heart won’t beat.
Salt, the sodium chloride, is an essential part of the diet of humans and animals and is a part of our fluids, such as blood, sweat, and tears.
The two elements of salt – sodium and chloride – play a variety of very important and crucial roles in our bodies as maintaining the balance of our fluids, which carry oxygen and nutrients around our bodies.
The sodium it contains is helping maintain the fluid in the blood cells and enables the transmission of electrical impulses between our brain, nerves and muscles. It is responsible for our taste, smell and tactile senses and helps our muscles – including the heart – to contract.
The chloride is essential to our food digestion process by providing chloride for hydrochloric acid – an essential element of human digestive fluid – and helps in preserving the acid-base balance in our body. It plays an important role in absorbing potassium and helping the blood to carry carbon dioxide from respiring tissues to the lungs.
Salt is an essential element in our lives and our health. Salt is widely and abundantly distributed in nature, dissolved in sea water, salt lakes or in solid form as mineral halite that is the pure salt and can be find in large deposits around the world. In history, the salt has been used as money.
Today, researchers have rediscovered the salt benefits. They have noticed that increased salt and water intake help people with chronic fatigue syndrome. An important role it has in respiratory diseases by its anti inflammatory, bactericide, mucokinetic and hydrophilic properties, helping in cleaning and widening the airways in all respiratory diseases.
The salt therapy is based on speleotherapy, which is therapy in the conditions of the microclimate of salt mines. Being hard to reach them, people have found the way to bring the salt mines benefits in their homes with devices like Salin and Salt Pipe.
Some of the effects of the salt therapy on people with respiratory diseases as asthma, bronchitis, sinusitis and allergies are:
* facilitates the phlegm expulsion and ventilation of lungs of patients with chronic diseases of the lower respiratory tract
* the therapy reduces the total IgE level and improves the non-specific and immunological response of the organism
* the relaxing effect of salt therapy on the nervous system makes it suitable for persons with sleep disorders, stress, etc. and the improvement of well-being and sleep is observed already after few days of use.
* in patients with allergic and vasomotor rhinitis and purulent sinusitis improves breathing through the nose and the drainage of the sinuses
* reduces snoring by clearing the airway passages in the oropharyngeal region
* facilitates an easier breathing by cleaning the airways and improving the quality of the indoor air by killing bacteria and mold.
For more information, clinical studies and testimonials kindly refer to the website.
Phone: +1 / 519-641-SALT (7258)
NB: The author grants reprint permission to opt-in publications and websites so long as the copyright and by-line are included intact and the article is not used in spam.