You wake up every night at 3:33am right as your partner’s breathing starts to churn into a heavy pattern. Then it starts: a loud thick snore that will keep you up for the next couple of hours. You’re exasperated because you’ve tried everything – opening the window, using a humidifier to purify the air, “gently” tapping them on the shoulder hoping to not wake them but shake them out of their snoring-spell. Nothing has worked so far.
Here is what you should know:
Snoring is common but excessive snoring is not normal and needs to be tended to.
- Snorers are three times more likely to suffer adverse health conditions than non-snorers.
- Sleep apnea is a serious condition with serious consequences
- Snorers and their bed partners are more likely to be hard of hearing than non-snorers and their partners.
- Over one third of couples report disharmony within the relationship due to snoring.
- Bed partners of snorers physical and mental health improves significantly once the snorer has been treated successfully.
While many chronic-snorers also undergo surgeries to correct issues related to their snoring, only to often become worse and continue to snore. So what do you do?
Look into home salt therapy solutions for snoring.
Home salt therapy has proved to work wonders on those affected with snoring. The Saltair salt therapy device releases salt particles into the air that improve and deepen breathing, to ensure a comfortable night’s sleep for both of you. The device is portable and small and can be placed on a bedside table easily.
The particles have proven to penetrate deep into the lungs and clean up mucus, bad bacteria and reduce inflammation. It acts as a humidifier for the respiratory tract, clearing mucus and helps to alleviate allergies. It also helps to remove impurities in the air such as dust, pollen and fights bacteria and viruses.