As the medical field advances further, we continue to run into hurdles that set us backwards. For example, in order to develop a new antibiotic, it takes millions if not billions of dollars and over a decade’s time. This, along with the steep increase of antibiotic resistance seen in many bacterial strains, developing new antibiotics is not very feasible and is decreasing rapidly. So what are more stable and reliable treatment options? Natural treatments are becoming a more favorable option, as they naturally exist in the world and do not need to undergo extensive development processes. Salt therapy is a safe and natural treatment that is a great therapeutic option for those suffering from any respiratory condition.
Respiratory illnesses are fairly common, affecting hundreds of millions of people around the world. Although respiratory illnesses encompass a very large number of diverse conditions, varying in their severity, symptoms and length of illness, one thing most have in common is that salt therapy is an effective treatment option. There are many benefits of salt therapy:
- It has anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal effects. This facilitates the killing and clearance of any invading pathogens, speeding up recovery from infections and reducing any associated inflammatory response.
- Increases mucus clearance within the lungs and nasal cavity. The salt particles act to draw water into the airways, resulting in a more fluid mucus and allowing it to be cleared from the airways more easily. This both opens up airways and better clear pathogens and debris.
- Increased resistance to infections. The combination of the positive effects the salt has on the respiratory tract results in a stronger ability for the body to prevent infections.
- Increases blood oxygenation. Helping in opening and clearing airways the salt aerosol penetrates deep into the lungs, to alveoli, where the oxygen intake takes place. This promotes better bloodstream oxygenation and better organ functions, with increased well-being.
- It lowers blood pressure. The salt particles contain potassium, and when inhaled, the potassium can enter the blood stream and stabilize blood pressure.
Salt therapy can be effective as a treatment for a large variety of respiratory conditions, whether chronic or acute, mild or severe; it is also very useful in prevention and strengthening of the respiratory system. The most common conditions it can be used as a therapeutic option for are: asthma, allergies, cold and flu, bronchitis, cystic fibrosis, sinusitis, hay fever, ear infections, emphysema, chronic bronchitis, pneumonia and COPD. While primarily a therapy for conditions of the respiratory tract, it is also effective for dermatitis, acne, psoriasis and eczema, as the salt can also be absorbed through the skin.
There are many benefits of salt therapy that can help treat and relieve symptoms for many respiratory and skin conditions. Salt therapy is also known to provide a general sense of well-being to individuals undergoing the treatment. So why wait? You can get your very own salinizer machine to undergo the therapy at home. It’s as easy as that!