Salt is wonderful. Not only does it improve taste of food, it has vital therapeutic properties specifically indicated for people with conditions such as asthma, allergies, COPD, ear infections, skin conditions and general debility. Salt can cure where allopathic medications do not work. It can protect and it can heal.
Halo therapy has a number of benefits in various conditions:
• For diseases of the respiratory system where the air passageways become inflamed and constricted as well as filled with mucus, salt therapy proves invaluable. Salt reduces inflammation, reduces soreness, expels mucus and dust particles and brings about relief.
• People affected by dermatitis, eczema, acne, psoriasis and edema can benefit by salt therapy. Breathing in salt air as well as contact of salt with the skin brings about vast improvements in intractable conditions.
• Salt has a relaxing effect not only on the tissues but also on the mind. Spend some time breathing in salt laden air and you feel better, at peace and relaxed.
• Salt improves oxygenation and aids in recuperation of the lungs, especially beneficial for smokers. It also helps athletes improve their endurance. For those with cystic fibrosis, salt helps clear up the lungs and prevents infections.
• Salt can improve digestion and it can improve the immune system, helping people with digestive troubles and asthma or respiratory illnesses.
The trick to getting the benefits of salt is to inhale it or consume it in just the right quantity. This is achieved by the use of Saltair – Home Salt Therapy, an ultrasonic salinizer that disperses fine particles of salt in minute quantities into the air. Salt touches the skin and the person inhales salt. It has external and internal benefits when applied this way. One can breathe in such air 24 hours without any adverse effect.
However, there are treatment centers where patients can sit in artificial salt rooms that have all walls and floor covered in salt and where the air may be supersaturated with salt. Spending extended hours in such salt laden atmospheres could do more harm than good. This type of salt therapy may have adverse impacts. In an artificial salt room the quantity of salt aerosol needs to be strictly controlled.
If not, Salt therapy side effects are few and they can easily be avoided.
• One of the main complaints of people who spend more time in poorly controlled artificial salt rooms is that salt causes irritation of the eyes and eyes become red and swollen. This may be a temporary condition and it is remedied by spending shorter time in salt rooms or by using Saltair salinizer at home.
• Salt may cause conjunctivitis but it is rare.
• Spending more time in salt saturated air could lead to increase in coughing because too much mucus is expelled at once.
• Artificial salt room therapy may be contraindicated in thyroidism, lung cancer, heart disease, tuberculosis, hypertension, intoxication and contagious diseases.
• Salt rooms are usually shared with other people who are usually sick.
These issues are noticed in only a few cases where salt rooms failed controlling the environment. In general, salt, when inhaled in artificial salt rooms that are well controlled in regards of ventilation system, size and amount of salt particles dispersed in the air, the time of exposure – it will provide great help in all respiratory conditions. People with chronic respiratory conditions will need multiple salt room therapy sessions for lasting results. This can be very expensive. In home salt therapy using Saltair by Halosense, minute quantities of salt is dispersed into the air for long-term breathing. This way there are no side-effects and no interaction with any medication or salt free diet.