Acne Natural Treatment
What is Acne?
Acne is a common skin disease characterized by papules, pustules, seborrhea, blackheads and scarring. Acne is also known as acne vulgaris or cystic acne. It usually appears on face, forehead, chest and back. In these places, the sebaceous follicles are dense, and they can get blocked with keratin and sebum. The sebaceous glands get enlarged and increase sebum production. Some known causes of acne are: hormonal changes, genetic factors, stress related aggravations, infectious factors and poor diet.
Home Remedies for Acne
Here are some tips for acne natural treatment that you can easily try:
How to apply an Acne Natural Treatment?
Our natural-way suggestions to relief and heal acne include:
- maintain your skin very clean, wash it frequently with salty water (saline solution or natural salt baths); this will help to kill bacteria, reduce the inflammation and promote healing;1
- plant extracts are known to have antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties, such as tea tree oil and oregano oil, and are good to be used ; mixed 1-2 drops with a glass of water. Honey and oats, for example, can be mixed and applied on the skin.
- use aerosol salt therapy during night sleep; the microscopic salt particles will deposit on skin, helping to heal acne, reduce inflammation, and fight skin infections.2
- using zinc supplement is a good practice. Zinc is essential for cell growth, regeneration, metabolism and hormone production. It should be taken orally and not topically, on the skin, as it is not absorbed well.
- cinnamon and honey mask is an excellent source of antioxidants and help to fight inflammation and infections. It is also well-known for its antibacterial property.
- apply green tea on your skin on a daily basis; green tea is very high in antioxidants and applying it on your skin helps with acne. Drinking green tea also promotes good health.
Read more about acne here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acne