Acne Natural Treatment
What is Acne?
Acne, also called acne vulgaris or cystic acne, is a common skin disease characterized by papules, pustules, seborrhea, blackheads, and scarring. It typically appears on the face, forehead, chest, and back, where sebaceous follicles are dense and can become blocked with keratin and sebum. Additionally, enlarged sebaceous glands lead to increased sebum production. Acne can be caused by hormonal changes, genetic factors, stress, infections, and a poor diet.
Home Remedies for Acne
Here are some tips for acne natural treatment that you can easily try:
How to apply an Acne Natural Treatment?
Our natural suggestions to relieve and heal acne include:
- keep your skin very clean, wash it frequently with salty water (saline solution or natural salt baths); this will help kill bacteria, reduce the inflammation and promote healing;1
- plant extracts are known to have antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties, such as tea tree oil and oregano oil, and are good to use; mix 1-2 drops in a glass of water. Honey and oats can be mixed and applied on the skin.
- use aerosol salt therapy during sleep; microscopic salt particles will deposit on skin, helping to heal acne, reduce inflammation, and fight skin infections.2
- using zinc supplement is a healthy practice. Zinc is essential for cell growth, regeneration, metabolism and hormone production. However, it should be taken orally and not topically, on the skin, as it is not absorbed well.
- a cinnamon and honey mask is an excellent source of antioxidants and helps fight further inflammation and infections. It’s also well-known for its antibacterial property.
- apply green tea on your skin on a daily basis; green tea is very high in antioxidants and applying it on skin helps with acne. Drinking green tea also promotes good health.
Read more about acne here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acne