Salt is wonderful. Not only does it improve taste of food, it has vital therapeutic properties. Specifically, it targets people with conditions. Some examples include asthma, allergies, COPD, ear infections, skin conditions and general debility. Salt can cure where allopathic medications do not work. It can protect and heal. A specific therapy that uses salt is Halotherapy. This is also known as salt therapy. Halotherapy can bring many benefits into your life. However, there are also some things to note when undergoing your salt therapy journey. Here you can find more about halotherapy benefits and side effects.
Benefits of Halotherapy
Halotherapy has a number of benefits in various conditions:
- Salt therapy is invaluable for diseases of the respiratory system. Some examples are asthma, bronchitis and pneumonia.When the air passageways become inflamed and constricted, salt can ease the uncomfortable effects. It reduces inflammation, reduces soreness, expels mucus and brings about relief.
- People affected by dermatitis, eczema, acne, and psoriasis can benefit by salt therapy. Breathing in salt air as well as contact of salt with the skin brings about vast improvements in intractable conditions.
- Salt has a relaxing effect not only on the tissues but also on the mind due to negative ions salt provides . Spend some time breathing in salt laden air and you feel better, at peace and relaxed.
- Salt improves oxygenation and aids in recuperation of the lungs. In turn, this is especially beneficial for smokers. Additionally, also helps athletes improve their endurance. For those with cystic fibrosis, salt helps clear up the lungs and prevents infections.
- Salt can improve digestion and it can improve the immune system, helping people with digestive troubles and asthma or respiratory illnesses.
SaltAir – Salt Therapy at Home
The trick to getting the benefits of salt is to inhale it or consume it in just the right quantity. Saltair – Home Salt Therapy is the perfect solution to getting your perfect treatment. The Saltair is an ultrasonic salinizer that disperses the fine particles of salt into the air. The Saltair will do exactly what a salt room does. Cleanse and rejuvenate the respiratory system. Additionally, it will help the skin out as well. One can breathe in such air 24 hours without any adverse effect.
However, there are treatment centres where patients can sit in artificial salt rooms that have all walls and floor covered in salt and where the air may be supersaturated with salt. Spending extended hours in such salt laden atmospheres could do more harm than good. This type of salt therapy may have adverse impacts. The quantity of salt aerosol is very crucial and must be at an appropriate level at all times. Control is key.
Small Side Effects
Halotherapy has a few side effects that can easily be avoided.
- One of the main complaints of people who spend more time in poorly controlled artificial salt rooms is that salt causes irritation of the eyes and eyes become red and swollen. This may be a temporary condition and it is remedied by spending shorter time in salt rooms or by using Saltair salinizer at home.
- In rare cases, salt may cause conjunctivitis.
- There may be an increase in coughing and sneezing . This is due to the fact that spending more time in salt saturated air will enable mucus to liquefy. This in turn will make you want to cough or sneeze a lot more
- Artificial salt room therapy may be contraindicated in thyroidism, lung cancer, heart disease, tuberculosis, hypertension, intoxication and contagious diseases. This means that the treatment should not be undertaken from anyone suffering from the listed conditions.
- Sometimes, you don’t get the salt room to yourself and share it with people who may be sick .
These issues were because the salt rooms did a poor job at controlling the environment. In general, the chances of any of these side effects happening are slim. In conclusion, salt therapy has fantastic benefits to your overall health. It will provide great help in all respiratory conditions. It will cleanse your skin. Furthermore, it can even help you mentally.
People with chronic respiratory conditions will need multiple salt room therapy sessions for lasting results. However, this can be very expensive. In home salt therapy using SaltAir device by Halosense, minute quantities of salt is dispersed into the air for long-term breathing. This way there are no side-effects and no interaction with any medication or salt free diet.